Kainai Healing Lodge Centre, PO Box 179, Cardston, AB T0K 0K0
Area: Addictions, Business Development
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Program Development Manager is responsible for the development, operation and enhancement of the Kainai Healing Lodge Center Treatment Program following Kainai Healing Lodge Center Policy and Procedures (2017). The incumbent will oversee the service delivery and leadership of program personnel, resources and clients. They will ensure a comprehensive spectrum of care is implemented for clients, provide recommendations for additional support in medical, mental and physical situations; to deliver optimal outcomes for a safe and healthy environment for both staff and clients. This includes being a steward of change management. For full listing contact email below.
The Program Development Officer will compliment and coordinate the current treatment program with specific cultural land-based ceremonial and craft activities that is primarily rooted in Siksikaitsitapi.
The Program Development Manager will augment the current Treatment Program to include a greater opioid component in collaboration with the Executive Director, the Registered Nurse, Psychologist and other health professionals as required. He/she will ensure policies, intake processes, medication procedures and client documentation are periodically reviewed to remain consistent with pertinent legislation, accreditation and are complied with throughout KHLC.
Reporting of program statistical data and presentations to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and other stakeholders. Will participate in organizational work plans, budgets, strategic planning, assist with accreditation and employee evaluation processes.
The Program Development Manager will develop working relationships with internal and external local, provincial and federal stakeholders.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Case management, priority setting and emergency management
• Extensive knowledge on addictions, withdrawal management, medication administration, and culturally based programs
• Proven ability to develop and implement programs, case manage and supervise staff and clients
• Strong leadership, communication, problem solving, strategic, analytic and staff management skills.
• Maintain positive working relationships with membership, board members, and other KHLC staff
• Experience with policy development/administration and project management
• Knowledge and understanding of Intergenerational trauma, Indigenous issues and resources.
• Positive role model for staff, client, and the community.
• Identify and create resource educational/professional development and practical resources for staff, clients and families.
• Facilitation and public speaking abilities is required.
• Understanding and strict adherence to pertinent privacy legislative bodies.
• Masters/Bachelors of Health Science degree or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• Certifications/Specialized training in Addictions, Opioids, Clinical Administration, Medication Administration Record and/or Management/Business will be considered an asset.
• Minimum of five years of direct experience in an addiction, mental health
• Minimum of five years experience within a health related Senior Leadership role.
• Experience with Addiction Program policy development will be considered an asset.
• Equivalencies of education from a recognized accredited institution and experience will be considered.
• Current Valid driver’s License, First Aid and CPR certificates.
• Submit a current Drivers Abstract, Criminal and Vulnerable Sector check.
• Minimum two (2) years sobriety.
• Understanding of the Blackfoot language and First Nation traditional values is an asset.
• Willingness to take training as required.
The successful will candidate report directly to the Executive Director
Degree of Responsibility:
Minimum fifteen full and part time staff and up to twenty four Clients. Will also consult and coordinate with Health Specialists (R.N., Psychiatrist) to enhance program service delivery and client care.
Competitive direct compensation contingent upon education and experience; indirect compensation as outlined in the Kainai Healing Lodge Center Policy and Procedures (2017)
Cover letter, Resume and relevant credentials as stated in the Position and General Requirements sections may be submitted to Human Resources Analyst via email at [email protected]
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. Kainai Healing Lodge Center would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. The successful candidate will be required to sign a “Declaration”.
Please submit questions and applications to Human Resources Analyst via email [email protected]